Door to Door Solicitors
It’s that time of year when door to door solicitors are popping up throughoutcommunities (new or established).
Here are some tips whenhandling door to door solicitors:
- Only open the door if you feel comfortable. Do not stand in your doorway. You can speak with the person through a sidelight door window or doorbell camera.
- Request to see a permit. All solicitors have to obtain permits through the city.
- Request to see their credentials and ask for company information such as company identification, including manager & headquarter address/phone number. Call and verify!
- Do not allow the solicitor(s) into your home.
- Stand firm on your decision of wanting them to leave your property or personal space. If you feel that you are being harassed by the solicitor(s) or anyone, please call the non-emergency phone number (615-862-8600) to have an officer respond to the area. However, if the solicitor shows acts of violence or uses threats of intimidation, call 911.
- Feel free to contact the non-emergency number to have an officer dispatched to the location to investigate the solicitor and company he/she works with. Please make sure you give a good description of the person(s) and/or vehicle when calling.
no solicitation registry. Oneentire community is not covered under the registry. Each residence has toregister. And if you feel like you have been scammed, please call thenon-emergency number (615-862-8600) to have a police report filed.