A historical marker honoring the final stand of the Confederate Army was unveiled on December 16, 2008 the 144th anniversary of the battle at 827 Tyne Boulevard, near the site of the last line of defense.
Kathy and Mark Wright funded the Metropolitan Historical Commission marker that is placed in front of their home.
Battle of Nashville, December 16, 1864, Confederate Final Stand
After the withdrawal from the main Confederate line at Peach Orchard Hill, Lieutenant General Stephen D. Lee formed a battle line across Franklin Pike 400 yards east of here with 200 men from the remnants of Brigadier General Henry Clayton's division and two cannons from the Eufaula Light Artillery. This last line of defense helped halt the Federal pursuit for the night as the Confederate army retreated through the hills to the southwest.
At the unveiling are David Ragan, senior interpreter at Travellers Rest Plantation; Brian Allison, interim curator at Travellers Rest; Jim Kay, president of the Battle of Nashville Preservation Society, Kathy Wright with Banner; Kathy's father Thomas Hooper; Gene Andrews of the Sons of Confederate Veterans; and Mark Wright.